Sunday, December 08, 2013

A MISTAKE I MADE




I have two daughters whom I love very much. But, I made a big mistake with my youngest one.

My oldest daughter has always been very outgoing and friendly, but the youngest one has always been very quiet and shy so it was always hard to know if she needed anything. She didn’t talk much. Now I know that it's because she didn’t know how to express herself.



I used to tell her go play, go have fun with your ​​friends! Look at your sister she playing go do the same. I used to think, my God she is so strange.

I used to compare both of them by using harsh words like: look at your sister she doesn’t give me any trouble. She doesn’t embarrass me. Everything goes right for her!

When she was a teenager I was called to have a meeting with her teachers. They told me that she was too quiet! I immediately responded that she was strange... Those words caused a revolt in my daughter’s heart. It made her feel inferior.

Mothers, you have no idea the power your words have.

Today, I know that our words are like arrows that are shot in the air and never return, they hit a target even if it wasn’t intentionally.

Today, I have a great relationship with both my daughters. Thank God, today, I am a woman that uses moderation and meditates on God’s word and care day and night. He showed me the problem more clearly and carefully.

Today we are a happy family without any complexes.

Mothers, contain your crying and tears because your suffering will have its reward!



Neidinha Viana



" O Lord, You have searched me and known me. You know my sitting down and my rising up;
You understand my thought afar off. You comprehend my path and my lying down,
And are acquainted with all my ways. For there is not a word on my tongue,
But behold, O Lord, You know it altogether. You have hedged me behind and before, 
and laid Your hand upon me. (Psalm 139:1-5)





Collaborated by Claudia Brito - New Zealand

No comments:

Post a Comment